Facebook is focused on providing new ways for people to discover and connect with businesses through Messenger. One of these ways is through ads that take people directly into a Messenger conversation with businesses or brands that matter to them.
Start Messenger conversations directly from Instagram
Now Facebook is rolling out Instagram as a new placement for click to Messenger ads to complement our existing Facebook click to Messenger ads.Instagram click to Messenger ads let you reach the people you care about on Instagram and engage with them on Messenger.
When someone clicks on an Instagram click to Messenger ad, it opens a conversation with your business. People will be sent to your Messenger content, which includes all the text, image and video messages that you set up when you created the ad.
Click to Messenger ads help to channel people’s interests on Instagram into an active conversation with your business. They can be image, video or carousel ads, and they’re available in Ads Manager, Power Editor and the API. You can also place click to Messenger ads on both Facebook and Instagram to extend your reach.
Why does Messenger matter?
Businesses get real value from driving to Messenger conversations and experiences. Messenger offers scalability, and lets businesses and developers build unique, action-oriented experiences on the Messenger Platform or through live chat experiences.
Not only does Messenger have powerful capabilities—people are responding.
- More than 1.2 billion people use Messenger every month.
- Nearly 20 million active Pages use messaging each month.
- As we announced at F8 this April, there are now over 100,000 monthly active bots on the Messenger Platform.
- Over 2 billion messages are sent between people and businesses every month, including both automated and people-initiated messages.
- Top brands like Sephora are seeing real results. After launching the Sephora Assistant in Messenger, they saw an 11% higher booking rate through Messenger when compared to other channels.
Get started with click to Messenger ads
This new Instagram ad placement will start rolling out to businesses today and will be available to all businesses within the next few months. For more details on how to use click to Messenger ads, please explore our developer docs or visit the Facebook Ads Help Center.
Got any questions left? Don’t hesitate to ask us.